All CREATE courses are cross-listed in the Music Department and the Media Arts and Technology graduate program. For a list of current courses, see the MAT course list for details.
Below is a list of some of the courses related to CREATE:
- MAT 240A-F – Digital Audio Programming: this series is a six-quarter practical programming course devoted to digital audio applications development. The emphasis is on learning to use current state-of-the-art programming methods, tools, and library APIs. Programming assignments are given in the C, C++, Java, Smalltalk and/or SuperCollider programming language. Topics: A. Using Commerical I/O APIs; B. Spectral Transformations; C. Spatial Sound Manipulation; D. Sound Synthesis Techniques; E. Multi-rate Control and Synchronization; F. Media Application Integration.
- MAT 270A – Software Development as a Means of Composition
- MAT 270B – Software Open Forum for the Development of Music Software
- MAT 276IA-B – Direct Digital Synthesis – Processing and Composition
- MAT 276LA-C – Digital Audio Montage
- MAT 276N – Advanced Composition
- MAT 594CE – CREATE Ensemble